57 year old woman
- tremor in right hand for 6 months
- feels she has slowed down in last 12 months
- husband says she is dragging her feet
- feels a bit unsteady but no falls
- bladder irritable
- tends to thrash about in bed when asleep
- sense of smell not very good
Your summary would be:
Chronic, progressive neurological disorder characterised by tremor, slowness of movement and balance problems.
There are a few other interesting things going on here. There are some autonomic symptoms (smell, bladder) and also a tendency to act out dreams – we would call this REM sleep behaviour disorder (RBD for short).
I’m guessing most of you have a good idea what this is already but why not ask yourself this – if it’s not that, then what else could it be?